Saturday, August 7, 2010

Moms get help


SO most of my life I felt like I was on a roller coaster or wanting to be on one.. I was searching for that ..... excitement..... Or I was drowning.... from that roller coaster that went so fast it flew into water..... In over my head feeling..



SO in my years as a adult... I am finally getting more organized thanks to my diagnosis... and to the Internet....
I have tried to do the following.. to help myself as a mom.. and to help my A.D.H.D son...


1. Organize my home...
I write down appointments on the calendar... I have a chalk board for daily... I have a menu for the days food, and a running shopping list... I plan meals monthly... I have to-do lists...
2. set up a morning routine... up, bathroom, breakfast, face and teeth brushed... dressed ...than TV
3.I get up 30 or more minutes before my son.. so I can check his backpack... and prepare my purse and or backpack... if we are going hiking.... etc...
4. I have tried to organize my discipline and I am not as much as a dictator as I have been in the past... I let him pick some punishments... I DO PICK MY BATTLES...
5. I stay in the loop when it comes to my son's school.. I have the teachers email.. and I follow themes, and try to communicate through a notebook or via email...
6.YOU must establish a homework routine.. same time, same place...eat a snack first..have a little down time first... and then start the focus...
7. This is the hardest one for me... Stay Positive
It is hard for me to compliment good behavior.. as my son forgets, looses, and doesn't clean up all the time... so we begin negative comments... So I have go to tell myself that I need to praise his strengths and catch him being good. I try not to complain about my own negative ADD issues...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! :-) My SS was 1/800 and my aperture f/6.3. I got reeeeeally lucky that day, because the wind was barely blowing, and the bubble literally sat like that for over a second. We almost "couldn't" get the bubble to blow - LOL! Happy Monday! :-)

    ReplyDelete