Sunday, August 22, 2010

chaos or calm




I spend lots of time thinking about animals and parenting... My son loves to ask me about what animals "parent" and what lay eggs or give birth and go. Swallows.. stay and help the babies for awhile...



I believe... salmon and snakes are suppose to just go with instinct to survive.. Being a mother.. especially a mother of a special needs child.. be it down syndrome...www.kellehampton.com this is a mother of 2 girls.. who has over 6,000 followers.. and appeared on CNN after she announced on her blog.. that her 2nd daughter had downs, and she did not know till she was born.. she humanizes the syndrome.. and is a joy to visit every day. but there are others...

a mother of a daughter with chiari malformation, syringomyelia, amblyopia...
http://haileyagainstallodds.blogspot.com

some only a child like my son with Adhd.. http://adhdmomma.blogspot.com or many other things that make your child a special needs child... it becomes harder and harder to just let them use their instincts... We have created a complex culture...so I turn to experts... to help with some of my worry and questions.. and I turn to other blogs.. the above ladies.. have helped me.. Because my son also has Neurofibromatois... www.ctf.org. and so he could get tumors ... on his face.. internally... and it can be life threatening... I try not to think about this... I do think about how children would be mean and cruel to him... if he was "different" looking.. People need to embrace differences...
This blog is a place for a.d.h.d mom's or special need mom's to come .. or anyone.. but don't come and give us your sympathy or your sadness.. come and share with us and be happy... in the life we have created...no matter how difficult.. I am not saying you can't rant or rave a little.. that is healthy.. I believe...
I know a special needs mom can feel her life is a life of chaos.. Household chaos, school chaos.. family chaos.. but I hope to be able to learn from these bloggers and from my experiences... that the emotional drain of a chaotic household... needs to stop at times... and we need to stop issuing ultimatums, and barking directions... and understand... the reality of having an unpredictable child.. My son is emotionally volatility.. he gets frustrated easily.. depressed and angry.. so I try to keep him interested with walks, hikes, crafts.. and new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment